Dallas, TX - Forecast calls for more heavy rain
As the rain continues in Dallas are, we at SERVPRO of Metrocrest wanted to make sure that you are safe.
Heavy rain and flooding are one of the most common and widespread natural disasters in the United States. No matter where your home is there is always a potential for flood damage. Floodsmart.gov reports in the last 5 years, all 50 states have experienced floods or flash floods. Just because you haven't experienced a flood in the past, does not mean you won't in the future.
Please remember these safety tips:
- Stay away from floodwaters. If you come up on a flowing stream where water is above your ankles, stop, turn around and go another way. Six inches of swiftly moving water can sweep you off of your feet.
- If you approach a flooded road while driving, turn around and go another way. If you are caught on a flooded road and waters are rising rapidly around you, get out of the car quickly and move to higher ground. Most cars can be swept away by less than two feet of moving water.
- Keep children out of the water. They are curious and often lack judgment about running water or contaminated water.
If a flood does strike your home or business, contact your local SERVPRO of Metrocrest (972) 233-8400. Even minor floods have the potential to cause major damage to a structure when not treated quickly and properly, and the cleanup is often an overwhelming task. The SERVPRO System is prepared to handle any sized disaster. When fire and water take control of your life, SERVPRO of Metrocrest will help you take it back.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 We’re Here To Help – 972-233-8400
Follow us on Twitter @SERVPRO9498
And Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SERVPROofmetrocrest/
Highly Trained Restoration Specialists
Our SERVPRO Professionals are highly trained in property restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, our Professionals are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. The SERVPRO training program includes the follow:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes