Emergency Water Damage Tips For Your Coppell, TX Property
The first thing you should do if you have an unexpected water damage is call SERVPRO of Metrocrest (972) 233-8400. We are here to help 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
While waiting for SERVPRO of Metrocrest to arrive you may want to:
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT to do:
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Call SERVPRO of Metrocrest (972) 233-8400 for all your emergency water removal needs. Our certified technicians are here to make it “Like it never even happened.”