6 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Water Damage Restoration Company
Blog Summary: SERVPRO® of Coppell and West Addison, an expert in water damage restoration services, details six questions homeowners should ask before hiring a company.
Following a severe rain or winter storm, an overflowing toilet, or flooding from a burst pipe, you may need water damage restoration services. However, spending hours Googling the right company can be highly stressful.
This guide will explore six questions homeowners in Las Colinas, TX, should ask before hiring a water damage restoration company to make the vetting process easier.
1. How much experience does the company have?
Restoring a home or business following significant water damage can be tricky. The process involves cleaning up water, mold remediation, and restoring walls, furniture, floors, and more.
The right water restoration company will have plenty of experience handling specific types of water damage or flood damage homeowners are dealing with.
2. Do technicians have the right qualifications?
Any water damage restoration technician should have the right qualifications, training, licenses, and insurance to perform their job. These qualifications mean they're up to date with the latest industry practices.
3. Does the company use the latest equipment and industry standards?
The restoration industry frequently improves to incorporate new equipment, technology, and industry standards. The latest equipment ensures faster completion and more efficient solutions.
For mold remediation, ensure that a company uses hospital-approved cleaning solutions and tough solvents to eliminate mold, viruses, and bacteria.
4. Does the company offer 24/7 emergency services?
Water damage or mold growth is never convenient. However, they're incredibly inconvenient when they happen overnight. Disasters can strike anytime, and some situations call for immediate action outside the usual business hours.
The right company will offer 24/7 emergency services. This service means homeowners don't have to wait until morning or the next day to deal with a flooded basement.
5. Is the company truly local?
When searching for a local water damage restoration company, most people expect the search results to be local. Unfortunately, these results are sometimes misleading.
Some businesses only have a few locations but say they'll travel far to offer their services. A company traveling far to provide services can present three problems:
- Emergencies: Some issues don't require immediate attention, and homeowners can wait an hour or more. However, emergency flooding requires immediate help, and a company far away won't get there in time.
- A lack of local knowledge: Knowledge of a specific area can significantly improve service. A local restoration company may know specific sewage lines that cause homeowners issues.
- Extra fees: While many reputable companies or contractors won't charge travel fees, some might. Usually, companies are upfront about these fees, but they can still take homeowners by surprise.
6. Does the team cooperate with insurance companies?
Many homeowners cannot pay for water damage restoration out of pocket. Insurance companies will cover water damage restoration services depending on the homeowner's insurance policy. Choose a restoration company that works with insurance companies and can help document the damage and file a claim.
Let SERVPRO of Coppell and West Addison assist today!
Dealing with water damage of any kind or size can present many problems. Instead of searching for a water damage restoration company, homeowners can put their trust in SERVPRO of Coppell and West Addison.
Call Team Shaw of SERVPRO of Coppel and West Addison at (972) 233-8400 for water damage restoration in Las Colinas, TX!